Rhode Island Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Rhode Island. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Ocean State Clean Cities can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Rhode Island's legislative session ends.
Last Updated September 2013
Laws and Regulations
- Electric Drive Vehicle License Plates updated 7/10/2014
- Clean School Bus Requirements
- Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) Standards
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) and Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) Acquisition Requirements
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Deployment Support updated 7/7/2014
- Biofuels Promotion
- Petroleum Reduction Initiative
- Idle Reduction Requirement
- Emissions Control Requirement
- Low-Speed Vehicle Access to Roadways - Prudence Island