This state page compiles information related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in Colorado and includes new incentives and laws, alternative fueling station locations, truck stop electrification sites, fuel prices, and local points of contact.
Incentives and Laws
Read about Colorado's Incentives and Laws, including the latest ones listed below.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Weight Limit Exemption
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane Exemption
- Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) Sales Tax Exemption
- Alternative Fuel, Advanced Vehicle, and Idle Reduction Technology Tax Credit
To look up nationwide legislative activity, visit Incentives and Laws.
Look up the locations of Colorado's 529 alternative refueling stations.
- Biodiesel (B20 and above) (7 Public, 10 Private)
- Compressed Natural Gas (18 Public, 18 Private)
- Ethanol (E85) (74 Public, 13 Private)
- Hydrogen (0 Public, 1 Private)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Propane (44 Public, 3 Private)
- Electric (270 Public, 71 Private)
For a nationwide search, visit the Alternative Fueling Station Locator.
Look up regional alternative fuel prices in the Alternative Fuels Price Report.
Clean Cities Coordinators
Through its nationwide network of coordinators, Clean Cities brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. Contact your local coordinator or regional manager for project assistance or to get connected with other stakeholders.
|Denver Clean Cities||Tyler Svitak||
|Northern Colorado Clean Cities||Sheble McConnellogue||
|Southern Colorado Clean Cities||Nat Sobin||
To see ethanol production facilities in Colorado, use the TransAtlas interactive mapping tool or use BioFuels Atlas to show the use and potential production of biofuels throughout the U.S. and Colorado.
For information on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, partnerships, and grants in this state, visit Colorado State Activities and Partnerships.