This state page compiles information related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in Hawaii and includes new incentives and laws, alternative fueling station locations, truck stop electrification sites, fuel prices, and local points of contact.
Incentives and Laws
Read about Hawaii's Incentives and Laws, including the latest ones listed below.
- Ethanol Production Incentive
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane and Parking Fee Exemptions
To look up nationwide legislative activity, visit Incentives and Laws.
Look up the locations of Hawaii's 177 alternative refueling stations.
- Biodiesel (7 Public, 1 Private)
- Compressed Natural Gas (0 Public, 1 Private)
- Electricity (125 Public, 34 Private)
- Ethanol (0 Public, 3 Private)
- Hydrogen (0 Public, 3 Private)
- Liquified Natural Gas (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Propane (3 Public, 0 Private)
For a nationwide search, visit the Alternative Fueling Station Locator.
Look up regional alternative fuel prices in the Alternative Fuels Price Report.
Clean Cities Coordinators
Through its nationwide network of coordinators, Clean Cities brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. Contact your local coordinator or regional manager for project assistance or to get connected with other stakeholders.
|Honolulu Clean Cities||Robert Primiano||
For information on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, partnerships, and grants in this state, visit Hawaii State Activities and Partnerships.