This state page compiles information related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in Michigan and includes new incentives and laws, alternative fueling station locations, truck stop electrification sites, fuel prices, and local points of contact.
Incentives and Laws
Read about Michigan's Incentives and Laws, including the latest ones listed below.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Emissions Inspection Exemption
- Alternative Fuel Development Property Tax Exemption
- Reduced Biofuels Tax
- Natural Gas Fueling Station Air Quality Permit Exemption
To look up nationwide legislative activity, visit Incentives and Laws.
Look up the locations of Michigan's 521 alternative refueling stations.
- Biodiesel (13 Public, 5 Private)
- Compressed Natural Gas (13 Public, 6 Private)
- Electricity (210 Public, 56 Private)
- Ethanol (136 Public, 4 Private)
- Hydrogen (0 Public, 4 Private)
- Liquified Natural Gas (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Propane (67 Public, 7 Private)
For a nationwide search, visit the Alternative Fueling Station Locator.
Look up regional alternative fuel prices in the Alternative Fuels Price Report.
Clean Cities Coordinators
Through its nationwide network of coordinators, Clean Cities brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. Contact your local coordinator or regional manager for project assistance or to get connected with other stakeholders.
|Ann Arbor Clean Cities||Mark Rabinsky||
734-585-5720, Ext. 24
|Detroit Clean Cities||Aaron Champion||
|Greater Lansing Clean Cities||Kristin Jobin||
517-925-8649 ext. 12
To see ethanol production facilities in Michigan, use the TransAtlas interactive mapping tool or use BioFuels Atlas to show the use and potential production of biofuels throughout the U.S. and Michigan.
For information on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, partnerships, and grants in this state, visit Michigan State Activities and Partnerships.