New York Information
This state page compiles information related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in New York and includes new incentives and laws, alternative fueling station locations, truck stop electrification sites, fuel prices, and local points of contact.
Incentives and Laws
Read about New York's Incentives and Laws, including the latest ones listed below.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Facility and Transportation Regulations
- Clean Truck Port Requirements
- Clean Truck Loan and Retrofit Program
- Aftermarket Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Conversion Requirements
To look up nationwide legislative activity, visit Incentives and Laws.
Look up the locations of New York's 1448 alternative refueling stations.
- Biodiesel (B20 and above) (6 Public, 31 Private)
- Compressed Natural Gas (40 Public, 74 Private)
- Ethanol (E85) (76 Public, 10 Private)
- Hydrogen (0 Public, 7 Private)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Propane (53 Public, 6 Private)
- Electric (1002 Public, 143 Private)
For a nationwide search, visit the Alternative Fueling Station Locator.
Look up regional alternative fuel prices in the Alternative Fuels Price Report.
Clean Cities Coordinators
Through its nationwide network of coordinators, Clean Cities brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. Contact your local coordinator or regional manager for project assistance or to get connected with other stakeholders.
|Capital District Clean Communities Coalition (Albany)||Jennifer Ceponis||
|Clean Communities of Central New York (Syracuse)||Barry Carr||
|Clean Communities of Western New York (Buffalo)||Craig Jackson||
|Empire Clean Cities||Christina Ficicchia||
|Genesee Region Clean Communities (Rochester)||David Keefe||
|Greater Long Island Clean Cities||Rita D. Ebert||
To see ethanol production facilities in New York, use the TransAtlas interactive mapping tool or use BioFuels Atlas to show the use and potential production of biofuels throughout the U.S. and New York.
For information on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, partnerships, and grants in this state, visit New York State Activities and Partnerships.