Natural Gas Vehicle Availability
There are many heavy-duty natural gas vehicles—as well as a number of light-duty NGVs—available from original equipment manufacturers. Qualified system retrofitters can also economically, safely, and reliably convert many vehicles for natural gas operation.
A number of dedicated and bi-fuel, light-duty NGVs are available directly from original equipment manufacturers.
- Use the Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Search tool to see natural gas vehicles available.
- Use the Vehicle Cost Calculator tool to understand costs associated with buying and fueling vehicles.
- Go to the U.S. Department of Energy/U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Fuel Economy Guide to compare these vehicles with others for environmental impact and petroleum savings.
Natural gas engines can be used in a variety of heavy-duty vehicles for various applications, such as transit buses, school buses, and refuse trucks.
- Use the Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Search tool to see available natural gas vehicles and engines.
- For more information about which vehicles feature natural gas engines, contact the engine manufacturers. Alternatively, contact heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers to learn about the natural gas vehicles they offer.
Find out about options for converting conventional vehicles to run on natural gas.
Learn about buying and selling pre-owned alternative fuel and advanced vehicles.
For more information, see the AFDC's information on natural gas or: