South Dakota Information
This state page compiles information related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in South Dakota and includes new incentives and laws, alternative fueling station locations, truck stop electrification sites, fuel prices, and local points of contact.
Incentives and Laws
Read about South Dakota's Incentives and Laws, including the latest ones listed below.
- Ethanol and Biobutanol Production Incentive
- Propane Tax Exemption
- Biodiesel Blend Tax Credit
- Tax Refund for Methanol Used in Biodiesel Production
To look up nationwide legislative activity, visit Incentives and Laws.
Look up the locations of South Dakota's 127 alternative refueling stations.
- Biodiesel (0 Public, 2 Private)
- Compressed Natural Gas (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Electricity (4 Public, 4 Private)
- Ethanol (99 Public, 1 Private)
- Hydrogen (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Liquified Natural Gas (0 Public, 0 Private)
- Propane (17 Public, 0 Private)
For a nationwide search, visit the Alternative Fueling Station Locator.
Look up regional alternative fuel prices in the Alternative Fuels Price Report.
Clean Cities Coordinators
Through its nationwide network of coordinators, Clean Cities brings together stakeholders in the public and private sectors to deploy alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. Contact your local coordinator or regional manager for project assistance or to get connected with other stakeholders.
To see ethanol production facilities in South Dakota, use the TransAtlas interactive mapping tool or use BioFuels Atlas to show the use and potential production of biofuels throughout the U.S. and South Dakota.
For information on energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, partnerships, and grants in this state, visit South Dakota State Activities and Partnerships.